By MimmoLagonigro
I have been waiting for this for a long time.
Another thing from which version was it generated?
I have both 15.04.6 and 4.4.1 at home and I am trying to port from 15 ... to 4 ....
In addition I also use UV resin printers where I set various profiles for both small and large objects and also based on the type of resin and detail.
Is this profile general?
Are you going to distribute other detailed ones?
By ryu_rules
Hello,
Is this profile for Cura 4.4 ?? I am trying to make it work. R we still suppose to use the older version that came with the Printer??
By ktb
The above error appears to be caused by the printer model used in the profile files: ultimaker_original

There should be better instructions for configuring the included Cura software for the S8 and more recent Cura versions. The "Guide Book" that is shipped with the S8 is not good.

The Guide Book instructions suggest using "Other" machine > "Custom RepRap" with Cura 15.04.6 and these settings would not be compatible with the curaprofilefors8.curaprofile file provided here as far as I can tell.

In Cura 3.6, the equivalent printer type seems to be "Custom FFF Printer" and the curaprofilefors8.curaprofile file provided here would not be compatible with that either.

The curaprofilefors8.curaprofile file seems to only be compatible with ultimaker_original. Why would that be? Are we supposed to set Ultimaker Original as the Printer being used in Cura 3.6?
Code: Select all
[general]
version = 4
name = sunlu
definition = ultimaker_original

[metadata]
quality_type = normal
type = quality_changes
setting_version = 9

[values]
Code: Select all
[general]